Columbus State University Archives

Browse Items (9 total)

  • Collection: John S. Lupold Collection Photographs (MC 197)

MC197-1-009.jpg
Photograph of a marble gravestone manufacturer. Bicycle is seen in the foreground.

MC197-1-008.jpg
Photo copy of First Trinity Episcopal Church.

MC197-1-007.jpg
Photo post card of the City of Columbus from "Harper's Weekly" dated Sept. 19, 1868. Sketched by Theodore R. Davis.

MC197-1-006.jpg
Photo of a drawing of the Georgia Home Building, which later became the Columbus' First National Bank.

MC197-1-005.jpg
Photo of Old Public Library used as office space for Fieldcrest Mills.

MC197-1-004.jpg
Photo of Lummus Cotton Gin Works, Juniper, Georgia. The caption under the photograph reads: "These works were erected in 1871. They are located between Macon and Columbus, GA., on the Central railroad. The product consists of cotton grins and ginning…

MC197-1-003.jpg
Photo of Rev. Thomas B. Slade's Sladeville Hall School. It was begun in the 1840s, was situated at 1417 Fourth Avenue. It is the old John Murrah house. Photo copy of section out of page 16-II-14.

MC197-1-002.jpg
Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church. The caption under the photograph reads, "Church built by the First Presbyterian Congregation at the Northeasot Corner of Second Avenue and Tenth Street. Completed in 1845, it was used until February 2,…

MC197-1-001.jpg
Photo of a painting of Dr. Edwin L. de Graffenreid, one of the five commissioners responsible for the original plan for Columbus 1825-1871. He later served as a physician to Columbusites and to Indians in Alabama (Historic Columbus Foundation).…