Columbus State University Archives

John S. Lupold Collection Photographs (MC 197)

Identifier

MC 197

Title

John S. Lupold Collection Photographs (MC 197)

Description

A collection of photographs from the John S. Lupold Collection (MC 197).

Date

1970s - 2010s

Rights

By accessing the CSU Digital Archives, the user agrees to give proper acknowledgement to the CSU Archives and further agrees to secure permission in advance from the CSU Archives to publish any item in any way, in whole or in part, from its collections. The Archives preferred citation is:

John S. Lupold Collection (MC 197)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia

Columbus State University Archives does not claim to control the rights of reproducing for all materials in the collection. The publishing party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of the U. S. Copyright Code and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Columbus State University, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions, and expenses.

Coverage

Columbus, Georgia

Subject

Local History; Chattahoochee Valley

Items in the John S. Lupold Collection Photographs (MC 197) Collection

Dr. Edwin L. de Graffenreid
Photo of a painting of Dr. Edwin L. de Graffenreid, one of the five commissioners responsible for the original plan for Columbus 1825-1871. He later served as a physician to Columbusites and to Indians in Alabama (Historic Columbus Foundation).…

Photo of First Presbyterian Church
Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church. The caption under the photograph reads, "Church built by the First Presbyterian Congregation at the Northeasot Corner of Second Avenue and Tenth Street. Completed in 1845, it was used until February 2,…

Sladeville Hall
Photo of Rev. Thomas B. Slade's Sladeville Hall School. It was begun in the 1840s, was situated at 1417 Fourth Avenue. It is the old John Murrah house. Photo copy of section out of page 16-II-14.

Lummus Cotton Gin Works
Photo of Lummus Cotton Gin Works, Juniper, Georgia. The caption under the photograph reads: "These works were erected in 1871. They are located between Macon and Columbus, GA., on the Central railroad. The product consists of cotton grins and ginning…

Urban Development
Photo of Old Public Library used as office space for Fieldcrest Mills.

Georgia Home Building
Photo of a drawing of the Georgia Home Building, which later became the Columbus' First National Bank.

City of Columbus, Georgia
Photo post card of the City of Columbus from "Harper's Weekly" dated Sept. 19, 1868. Sketched by Theodore R. Davis.

First Trinity
Photo copy of First Trinity Episcopal Church.

Head Stones
Photograph of a marble gravestone manufacturer. Bicycle is seen in the foreground.

Social Bookmarking